Welcome to the Christendom Graduate School of Theology!
Please review the following financial policies before registering or adding or dropping a course. For questions and/or concerns please contact Olivia Colville at email@example.com or call (703) 658-2318.
- Registration fees are due at the time of registration.
- Because Christendom Graduate School functions at cost, all fees are non-refundable.
- Tuition and any additional fees are due on the first day of each semester. If a student is unable to pay the full amount for tuition and fees by the first day of the semester, he or she has the option of submitting a Tuition Payment Contract (see below for details).
- In the event of withdrawal from a course or program, it is the student’s responsibility to pay the balance due or the amount due minus any applicable refund (see the refund schedule for details).
- No grades or transcripts will be released, nor degrees awarded, until all tuition and fees have been paid.
- Students with outstanding balances may not register for subsequent semesters until the remaining balance has been paid.
- Payment Policy for Online Students: Online students must either pay their tuition in full, or pay a deposit of at least $500 per course and submit the tuition payment contract before being granted access to the online classroom.
TUITION PAYMENT CONTRACTS
If a student is unable to pay the full amount due for tuition and fees by the first day of the semester, he or she must submit a Tuition Payment Plan Contract to the Business Office. The contract stipulates the schedule of payments which begins the first day of the semester and should be completed by the last day of the semester. For questions please contact Olivia Colville at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christendom Graduate School of Theology strives to provide the best education to our students for the best price. Our tuition and fees go directly toward covering the costs of our Master’s program. We do all we can to keep our costs as low as possible to provide quality education to those who work for the Catholic Church, are active in the apostolate, or who wish simply to learn about the Catholic faith.
Therefore, please note:
- All registration and technology fees are non-refundable. These fees cover services provided prior to the beginning of a semester.
- Tuition will be refunded to students who find it necessary to withdraw (or to change to audit status) after registration, according to the following schedule.
For Classroom and Live Online Courses:
Before the second class: 100% of tuition
Before the third class: 75% of tuition
Before the fourth class: 50% of tuition
After the fourth class: No Refund
For Pre-recorded, Asynchronous Online Courses:
During the first week after receiving course access: 100% of tuition
Within two weeks of receiving course access: 75% of tuition
Within three weeks of receiving course access: 50% of tuition
More than three weeks after receiving course access: No refund
PLEASE ALSO NOTE: The effective date of withdrawal is the date upon which WRITTEN (i.e. the Add/Drop Form) notice is received by the business officer.
- Students who withdraw from a course (or drop to audit status) and who have not yet paid the tuition are liable for the tuition amount minus any applicable refund amount.
- Tuition refunds for classes dropped within the Add/Drop period will be processed after the Add/Drop period has ended.
TUITION & FEES
GRADUATE CREDIT TUITION: $443/credit – $427/credit for religious
AUDIT TUITION: $168/credit – $131/credit for religious, seniors, catechists
REGISTRATION FEE: $100 per semester
(early registration – up to 1 month before classes start – $50)
TECHNOLOGY FEE: $100 per online course
Admissions fee: $100
Course Reactivation fee: $300
Directed (Independent) Study fee: $300
Comprehensive Exam fee: $100
Graduation fee: $150
ROOM & BOARD (Summer 2021):
6/week session (MA Summer Program): $1947
2/week session (Vita Consecrata Institute): $682
3/week sessions (Classical Languages Institute): $973
SHORT-CUT NUMBERS FOR FALL 2021-SUMMER 2022
*Cost for 1 ONLINE course = $1,529.00 ($1,329 tuition + $100 tech fee per course + $100 registration fee)
*Cost for 2 ONLINE courses = $2,958.00 ($2,658 tuition + $200 tech fee per course + $100 registration fee)
*Cost for one 3-credit ON-CAMPUS course = $1,429.00 ($1329 tuition + $100 registration fee)
*Cost for two 3-credit ON-CAMPUS courses = $2,758.00 ($2,658 tuition + $100 registration fee)
*Those who register at least a month in advance to the start of class receive 50% off the registration fee.
The Christendom Graduate School of Theology maintains a reasonable and modest tuition charge to ensure that its programs remain accessible to students who wish to attend. Consequently, Christendom does not presently offer graduate students financial assistance in the form of scholarships, grants, or loans. We also schedule our classes in the evenings to allow students to work full-time or part-time during the day to finance their education. The Graduate School offers students a tuition payment plan whereby students may pay off their tuition by installments throughout the semester. Many students find that their parishes or employers are willing to help fund their studies, and students are encouraged to contact their pastors, principals, or employers to see if funding is possible.
To preserve its academic freedom, Christendom Graduate School of Theology does not accept federal aid or any government funding; this means we do not participate in the Title IV Federal Student Financial Assistance Programs. From its very beginning, Christendom College made a prudential decision never to accept federal funding. As the only accredited Catholic higher education institution that is not dependent on federal student aid, Christendom is uniquely free to teach the Catholic Faith without interference. The prudence of this decision has been demonstrated by the federal government’s expanding use of funding conditions to promote policy preferences.
PRIVATE STUDENT LOANS
Christendom graduate students may apply to private sources (such as banks) for student loans. These applications are handled directly by the student and are not processed by Christendom, although we are happy to provide documentation or information needed to verify enrollment. Two private lenders who often provide Christendom students with student loans are listed below:
- Sallie Mae – Smart Option Student Loan: www.salliemae.com (877-279-7172)
- PNC Bank – PNC Solution Loan: www.pnconcampus.com (800-762-1001)